Job Advertisement: Firefighter – Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco Middle East is a well-established, leading organization in the region and is looking for people with in-depth experience/knowledge/interest to deliver Structural Rescue & Fire Fighting services at our client’s facilities located across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Professionals holding relevant qualifications and certifications, who are physically and medically fit and with a minimum of one-year of work experience are invited to apply for the Firefighter role. As a Firefighter, you will respond to a variety of emergency calls including but not limited to Structural fires, Car accidents, chemical spills, hazardous materials and rescue situations.
- Responsible for attending all fires, rescue and emergency states during your shift period; and where necessary undertaking firefighting, rescue operations as detailed by the senior fire manager or incident commander at the scene.
- Responsible to the Crew Chief for providing input into a team environment to provide a fire and rescue service that is operationally effective to conduct both primary and secondary tasks.
- Attend all fire, rescue emergency states during your shift period.
- Fight all types of fires involving buildings, installations, vehicles and hazardous substances.
- Operate a range of fire appliances and associated equipment.
- Operate as a Breathing Apparatus (BA) team leader, wearer and BA Entry Control Officer.
- Ensure all firefighting PPE is in a serviceable condition and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements.
- Assist in the inspection, servicing and maintenance of a range of First Aid Fire Appliances and installed fire protection equipment.
- Understand the operation of all fire alarm systems.
- Assist in the training of civilian personnel in basic firefighting techniques.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
You are expected to interact regularly with customers and clients to identify and meet needs in order to take swift and prompt action, and to also resolve any issues with integrity. With effective communication skills, you should be able to engage with your team in a clear and concise manner, encouraging qualities of actively and enthusiastically collaborating with the team.
- Experienced in structural firefighting.
- Minimum of 1 year of operational experience as Firefighter.
- Qualification from accredited training providers acquiring NFPA 1001, 1002 1072 and 1006.
- Must hold clean light and heavy vehicle driving licenses issued in Saudi Arabia or other countries.
- Medically and physically fit for operational duty.
- Valid Operational Breathing Apparatus (BA) Certificate.
- Possess certification in First Aid and Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Bilingual in English and Arabic, and the ability to read and write in these languages.