AIRSIDE VEHICLE OPERATOR (AVOP)
The purpose of this training is to provide airports with comprehensive guidelines on the establishment of an airside vehicle driver training and vehicle licensing program to ensure the safe and orderly movement of personnel, passengers, aircraft, and vehicular traffic on the airside of airports.
In general, the aerodrome license holder has the responsibility of including as part of its regulatory suite of documents, particulars for the management and control of surface vehicles operating on the airside of the aerodrome. The purpose of this training is to provide guidance on what particulars should be provided based on the best practices adopted in airports. These include, but are not limited to, the implementation of an airside vehicle driving training and certification program and an airside vehicle licensing and management program. Such programs would minimize the risk of accidents and injury to persons and damage to aircraft and property, arising from the use of vehicles in airside areas.
Main Topics Covered in this Course Include:
- ICAO Regulations
- Airport Basic Information
- Aviation Phraseology
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD)
- Vehicle Operations Procedure
- Radio / Telephone Procedures
- Runway Incursions
Certificates of completion may be received by the participant once a score of 80% or greater is achieved. The participant may take the quiz as many times as necessary in order to reach the 80% score in the final test.
In addition, each participant must complete the training on an individual basis. If you ask someone else to go through the program for you, you will not learn the information you will need to learn. This will render your certificate null and void.
Getting the Most out of the Program:
- Before starting the program, click on each section tab at the top of the introduction page. This will tell you how the course is organized.
- This course should take approximately 3 hours to complete. Use this number if you are required to track time spent during training.
- At the end of the course, you will have to complete a check for understanding. In order to receive a certificate, you will have to receive a minimum score of 80%. Participants may print their certificates once they achieve 80% or greater. The participant may take the quiz as many times as necessary in order to achieve an 80% score.
- Passing the check for understanding will confirm that you have met ICAO training requirements for Airside Driver Operator.
- Finally, on-line learning is based on content and learner responsibility. As a learner, you have even more responsibility when taking this program.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 03 hours
- Skill level Basic
- Language English
- Students 4
- Assessments Yes