Airport Firefighters, Airport Driver Operators, and Airport Crew Chiefs will use this text to meet the most current NFPA, FARs, and ICAO requirements.
The book includes:
• 31 Skill Sheets NEW in this edition
• Photos, Illustrations and Learning Activities – ALL NEW
• Review Questions for all 12 chapters
• Exam Prep for students is a separate item
This book provides the information firefighters need to effectively perform the tasks for aircraft rescue and fire fighting and to complete airport firefighter certification. Content includes:
• Familiarization with civilian and military aircraft
• Airport familiarization
• Operating structural and specialized aircraft fire fighting apparatus and equipment
• Safety and aircraft Hazards
• Airport fire and rescue communications
• Rescue tools and equipment including gaining access to aircraft interiors
• Aircraft fuels, aircraft components and extinguishing agents
• Aircraft fire suppression and strategy and tactics including engines, auxiliary power units, wheel assemblies, and rocket engines
• ARFF vehicle driver operator
• Airport emergency planning
• The theory and practice of aircraft fire fighting and rescue operations
The information in this manual is intended to meet the requirements of NFPA 1003: Standard for Airport Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2015)
NFPA 1002: Standard on Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications (2014) Chapter 9 requirements are also included.
NFPA 402: Guide for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Operations (2013) and NFPA 403: Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Services at Airports (2014) are referenced throughout the book.
Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) 139.315, 139.317, and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Airport Services Manual, Parts 1 and 7 training requirements are also included.
Complete IFSTA Curriculum is a separate item and provided by IFSTA at no cost to qualified instructors.