FIRE SERVICES INSTRUCTOR-1 (NFPA 1041)
40– hour Course Information:
This course meets or exceeds the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1041 Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications, Chapter 4.
The course is delivered through classroom lectures, group activities, and individual presentations. Upon successful completion of this course, students are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written and skills exams for NFPA 1041, Chapter 4. The proctored exams are provided on the last day of course.
The cost of the exams are included in the course cost.
During the course students will learn and demonstrate the following:
- Instructor Professionalism
- Principles of Learning
- Instructional Planning
- Instructional Materials and Equipment
- The Learning Environment
- Classroom Instruction
- Student Interaction
- Skills-Based Training Outside of the Classroom
- Testing and Evaluation
- Records, Reports, and Scheduling
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and orally communicate in English (course is taught in English. Certification
exam is in English)
- Prior experience as a firefighter or emergency responder will be of additional value.
What is included in the course cost:
- A copy of the course student manual
- Practice exams and quizzes
- FESMI/IAFSSG certificate of completion (this is provided on last day of class)
- Pro Board certification exam (the exam is conducted on the last day of class)
- Pro Board certification for students successfully passing the skills and written exams (this is provided by e-mail upon validation of exam results by Pro Board.)
Students must bring to class:
- Laptop with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint capability
- Memory stick
- Basic calculator (not on mobile phone)
- Photo ID for registration and testing purposes