The NFPA 1001 Firefighter I online course is completed by using a home computer, textbook, and online supplemental material. It consists of reading assignments, online knowledge-building activities, videos and multimedia, module quizzes, and a final exam. You will have 180-days to complete the online course.
This program meets or exceeds all requirements set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications.
This course provides a total of 545 hours of training.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or have passed a GED test
- Be at least 18 years of age
- NFPA 1072 Hazardous Materials Awareness Training Certification.
Emergency Training Division approved courses are broken down into three distinct sections*:
Part 1 – Preparatory Online Training
Part 2 – Formal 30-Day Online Training
Part 3 – Final Written Test
PART 1 – PREPARATORY Online Training: This section is designed to prepare you for the Formal 30-Day Online Training (Part 2). You will be required to read and study various topics/chapters and take practice quizzes over that material. Students must pass the Syllabus Tests in order to continue to Part 2. You will also begin the process of reviewing any skill work that may be required of you during Part 3: Final Written Test.
PART 2 – FORMAL 30-DAY ONLINE TRAINING: Once you’ve completed Part 1: Preparatory section (Free online Training) and are ready for the next step, you will need to access Part 2: Formal 30-Day Online Training, This portion of the course must be completed within 30 days.
Part 2 Completion can be achieved by the participant once 100% course completion is achieved at the end of the course.
In addition, each participant must complete the training on an individual basis. If you ask someone else to go through the program for you, you will not learn the information that will be necessary to protect your health and safety. This will render your certificate null and void.
PART 3 – FINAL WRITTEN TESTING: In order to become fully certified, you will also need to achieve 70% during the Final Written Test.
The final portion of our Fire Courses requires you to complete the online written test. Written Test must be scheduled within the 2-3 months following completion of the Formal 30-Day Online Training (Part 2). Scheduling is done by emailing Student Services, [email protected]
Course Completion Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, you should have access to computer equipment meeting the following system requirements:
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Broadband or high-speed internet
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browsers
- The latest version of Flash
- The latest version of Adobe Reader
Individuals seeking employment as a firefighter in a municipal fire department.
What is included in the course cost:
- E-book – IFSTA, Essentials Of Fire Fighting 7th Edition
- PowerPoint – IFSTA, Essentials Of Fire Fighting 7th Edition
- Practice exams and quizzes
- NFPA -1001 Fire Fighter 1 Emergency Training Division certificate of completion Online Training (this is provided once completed final online written test)
If you have any questions about this course, please contact [email protected]
- Lectures 64
- Quizzes 20
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes